We are seeking for a Laboratory Technician for a full-time position with interests in chromatography and mass spectrometry as soon as possible. The successful applicant will be occupied in the context of novel food authentication methods of analysis.
Laboratory Technician (m/w)
- Independently undertake analytical assignments, develop, implement and validate new methods and optimize existing laboratory procedures in the field of GC-MS, IRMS, GC-C/P-IRMS analysis
- Operate and maintain GC-MS, IRMS and GC-C/P-IRMS instrumentation
- Prepare and process samples for analysis
- Support the structure and content of industrial research proposals
- Support the management of consumables, reagents and chemicals
- Hands-on experience in GC mass spectrometry, knowledge of instrument maintenance procedures (ion source, reactors, columns, capillaries, tubings)
- Basic expertise in one or more fields: stable isotope biogeochemistry, org. chemistry, bio-ecology, food chemistry, flavours and fragrances
- Well versed in MS-Office and computer software (incl. instrument software)
- English/German language skills mandatory; additional foreign languages beneficial
- Interest in advanced and follow-up training
- Highly committed, team player, able to work under pressure, personal integrity, analytically structured thinking and in possession of good soft skills
- BSc or MSc in chemistry, food science or related fields
- Experience with IRMS and stable isotope analysis
- Experience in HPLC analysis of food
- Expertise in organic and analytical chemistry and related procedures (e.g. extraction, compound separation, chromatography, distillation, concentration)
- Working experience in analytical lab
- Experience in quality system ISO 17025
We offer a modern, dynamic and innovative working environment in a high-tech laboratory, a chance to work with a wide spectrum of methods, in a multidisciplinary team, with a friendly international working atmosphere. Competitive payment starting from € 30.000 gross salary per year dependent on qualifications and skills.
If you are interested in this exciting position, please send a covering letter and CV incl. photo in English or German to Dr. David Psomiadis (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your application will be treated in strictest confidence.